Active Release Technique A.R.T.
What is Active Release Technique (ART)?
ART is soft tissue movement based on massage techniques that aid in treatment for muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. It is a combination of over 500 specific moves. Health care providers identify and correct the specific problems that are affecting each individual patient.
What is the technique used for?
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Back pain
- Shin Splints
- Shoulder pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Knee pain
- Tennis elbow or Golfers elbow
How do repetitive strains occur?
Muscles become overused and the soft tissue may change. Acute conditions such as, pulls, tears or collisions occur. Also the possibility of a decrease in oxygen.
- Each of the issues above may cause the body to produce scar tissue in the problem area
- As scar tissue forms, it may secure down tissues that should be freely moving
- As a direct result, muscles become shorter and weaker, nerves may become trapped and tendons may develop tendonitis
- Patients may experience a loss in range of motion, strength and increased pain without onset of therapy
Information obtained from www.activerelease.com, for more information check out the website.