Shockwave Intelect RPW Shockwave
RPW Shockwave proven to be one of the most effective treatment for Heel Spurs and other similar conditions
Walk-In Chiropractic Clinics are very excited to announce the arrival of our brand new Shockwave Units to the East and West clinics. These state of the art systems utilize radial pressure waves in the treatment of various muscle and tendon injuries.
Radial pressure waves offer a non-invasive treatment solution for long term insertion and soft tissue pathologies. Local treatment of the affected area will enhance and reset the healing pattern, while reducing pain and improving function. With very few negative side effects, Radial Pressure Wave therapy is indicated for conditions that are normally very difficult to treat, and is now widely used for many therapeutic and wellness applications. Physical effects of radial pressure waves include: pain reduction (Gate Control theory), increased metabolism, as shockwaves influence the tissues on a cellular level, revascularization effect, where the renewed blood flow promotes tissue healing and regeneration, and muscle tone recovery.
Today the use of radial shockwaves or Radial Pressure Waves (RPW) has been successfully extended to other therapeutic and wellness applications such as:
- Plantar Fascitis (heel spurs)
- Patellar Tendinitis (jumpers/runners knee)
- Tennis Elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Golfers Elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Shoulder tendonitis / Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Frozen Shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Achilles tendonitis & Ankle injuries
- Shin splits
- Thumb arthritis
- Chronic Inflammation / Lymphatic Drainage
- Hip / Knee Bursitis (trochanteric and patellar bursitis)
- Muscle trigger points
- Muscle and connective tissue activation
- Acupuncture / acupressure points
Treatment time and immediate results
Typical treatments last 5 minutes per area that we are treating. In that time we typically deliver about 2000 pulses. Most conditions require multiple treatments spaced several days apart to allow your body to do its natural healing in between sessions. During your initial assessment our team will evaluate your specific condition to determine how many treatments you will need.
Unlike many other forms of therapy, with Pulsed Wave Therapy you will usually notice immediate results. These often include:
- A significant reduction in pain
- An increase in your range of motion, improved mobility
- Your muscle tone is normalized
- Previously noticeable "knots" or tightness have become relaxed
Acute or chronic muscular pain, tendon insertion pain or shoulder or heel pain can significantly impair the natural mobility and quality of life.
Extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) is a modern and highly effective treatment method: high-energy sound waves are introduced into the painful areas of the body. With this innovative treatment, pathological alterations of tendons, ligaments, capsules, muscles and bones can be eliminated systematically.
The beneficial effects of shock wave therapy are often experienced after only 1 or 2 sessions. The therapy eliminates pain and restores full mobility, thus improving the quality of life.